The Dubai Fitness Challenge, featuring the famous #Dubai30X30, is an annual celebration of the world of fitness in the #UAE. Core Direction’s part in the 2021 Dubai Fitness Challenge has reinforced our stance as an industry leading technology business and events consultancy servicing the regions biggest brands and businesses to deliver world class events and campaigns.
Initiated in 2017 by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Dubai Crown Prince and Chairman of The Executive Council of Dubai, this 30-day challenge (which is open to everybody), offers thousands of free fitness activities across the emirate focussing primarily on the city of Dubai. It requires participants to complete 30 minutes of activity every day for 30 days by creating a fitness-focused mindset and pursuing healthy, active lifestyles.
The main yearly activities include the Dubai Ride and Dubai Run on Sheikh Zayed Road, three fitness villages at Kite Beach, Mushrif Park and Expo 2020 Dubai, and 14 fitness hubs in communities across the city.
There is an extensive array of complimentary #DubaiFitnessChallenge workouts and fitness events so whether you are into yoga, HIIT, Rebound, Cycling, Padel Tennis, Zumba, Barre, Football, Basketball, Roller Skating or even Water Sports, there are incredible options to keep everyone moving.
You’re probably thinking, what is the connection between Dubai Fitness Challenge and Core Direction?
Well, it was Core Direction who delivered a large portion of the supporting pieces adding to the success of this incredible initiative in 2021. We were thrilled to help deliver Dubai’s biggest fitness event and proudly provided the following:
- Provided a standalone white labelled desktop & mobile responsive registration & booking system used by tens of thousands of DFC participants
- A listing directory of every fitness, wellness & sports business in the city offering 158 business listings and more than 10,000 available activities over the 30 day period
- A comprehensive backend management system for all DFC supporting fitness partners to manage their offered activities, timings, booking slots and overall involvement.
- Management system for successful delivery of the Kite Beach and Mushrif Park Fitness Villages offering mass uploads, capacity management, programming, scheduling and full reporting
- A user booking and management check-in tool and QR code scanner that allowed seamless management of thousands of activity attendees during a period of contactless customer management do to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Creation and curation of all fitness & wellness activities and programming to deliver 30 days of wellness to two fitness villages: DP World Kite Beach Fitness Village and Mai Dubai Mushrif Park Fitness Village
- Recruitment and training of 30 full time fitness and wellness professionals along with the onboarding of 350 freelance instructors to deliver 5,500 free bookable activities over the 30-day period
- Provided training and staff to manage and support the event to the highest standards
- Advised and sourced fitness equipment required for all activities throughout the 30-day event
- Consulted to Dubai Tourism on industry engagement to ensure each and every fitness business and activity provided city wide aligned in assisting the city to collect their 30 minutes of exercise every day for the #Dubai30X30 duration.
The technology built and delivered by Core Direction for Dubai Fitness Challenge enabled event participants to:
- Share their newly created profiles with linked social sharing via Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, email or direct registration URL
- View and search events, villages, hubs and fitness stakeholder listings - including map view
- View location and event dedicated profile and activity booking tab with search filters based on date and activity type
- View their booking calendar, entry tickets and booking history
- View a Profile tab dedicated to a gallery of images to showcase the location service offering and community
- Share their booked fitness/wellness activity to encourage others to join and showcase what it looks like to inspire others to find their 30 minutes of exercise during DFC – What’s your 30?
Core Direction are thrilled to have successfully aided in making Dubai an even more healthier, happier, fitter and liveable city with 30-days of free workouts, activity and incredible events during Dubai Fitness Challenge – the biggest fitness challenge globally with 1,650,000 participants in 2021.
We are a business committed to inspiring movement through technology, events and collaboration so now that Core Direction have had Dubai Government positively assess and verify our technology, we’re extremely excited about the #relaunch of our new booking platform and marketplace. This marketplace will provide users with a comprehensive list of local fitness providers, allow users to search for specific types of fitness activities at specific locations and dates as well as complete bookings of single classes, class packages, memberships and/or experiences.
Are you ready to join us on our mission of #inspiringmovement? In the meantime, if you'd like to see what we're up to on a daily basis, please follow us on Instagram: @coredirection.